Lao Tzu said it best,”A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step.”
Adversity is inevitable, but difficulties or misfortunes don’t have to keep you from achieving your intended goals and finding the happiness you seek in business and in life.
It’s how you overcome these adversities can make all the difference.
Every challenge we successfully conquer serves to strengthen not only our will, but our confidence, and therefore our ability to confront future obstacles.
So, the next time you find yourself standing in front of a huge mountain that feels impossible to climb — whether it involves your job, partner or business — refer to these wise words and inspirational quotes to help you find your way and remember why you started on this journey in the first place.
1. Start by doing what’s necessary; then do what’s possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible. -Francis of Assisi
2. Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. -Booker T. Washington
3. The only thing that overcomes hard luck is hard work. -Harry Golden
4. Always bear in mind that your own resolution to success is more important than any other one thing. -Abraham Lincoln
5. Success is 99 percent failure. -Soichiro Honda
6. Turn your wounds into wisdom. -Oprah Winfrey
7. Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go. -William Feather
8. There’s a bit of magic in everything, and some loss to even things out. -Lou Reed
9. There is no education like adversity. -Disraeli
See the other 10 @